Sunday, 29 March 2015
1) If you hurry, you will catch the bus.
2) If you hurried, you would catch the bus.
3) If you had hurried, you would have caught the bus.
1) Present situation and possible (first conditional)
(It's now 7.00. The bus leaves at 7.10 and it takes you about 8 minutes to get to the bus stop.)
2) Present situation and hypothesis (second conditinal)
(It's now 7.00. The bus leaves at 7.10, but you don't feel in the mood of hurrying. You don't feel like running; you feel so sleepy! And your parents tell you to hurry)
3) Past situation. (third conditional).Yesterday you didn't catch the bus and today at the bus stop you realise that you could have caught it.